PLAN A TRIP
The most populated country in Central America, Guatemala is located south of Mexico and borders Honduras, El Salvador, and Belize. Mountains, active volcanoes, and coastal plains fill the landscape.
- Population: 15,082,800
- Life Expectancy: 72 years
- Access to Safe Water: 74%
- School Enrollment: 84%
- Land Mass: 42,042 sq. mi.
- Literacy Rate: 57%
- Under Age 5 Mortality Rate: 32/1000
- Average Annual Income (GNI): 3,120
Facts About Guatemala
- In Guatemala, 51 percent of the population lives below the poverty line, and 15 percent live in extreme poverty. The country also has a high level of income inequality.
- Children and adolescents remain vulnerable to high incidences of violent crimes. Drug trafficking is prominent in Guatemala, which generates an unstable atmosphere.
- According to the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean, Guatemala has the sixth-highest rate of chronic malnutrition in the world.
Informative Trip Videos
Get More Information
Are you interested in planning a trip with us? Interested in learning more about pricing? Want more information? Simply use the form below to contact us and ask us any questions! We will get back with you at our earliest convenience.